JVC GY-HM200 4KCAM Compact Handheld Streaming Camcorder
The JVC GY-HM200U 4KCAM Compact Handheld Streaming Camcorder provides 4K Ultra HD recording and professional features in a versatile, handheld form factor. It features a 1/2.33″ backside-illuminated sensor that supports Ultra HD (3840×2160) resolution video at 24/30p, and 8-bit 4:2:2 Full HD 1080p video from 24p to 60p. The camcorder is equipped with a 12x zoom lens that provides a 35mm equivalent focal range of 29.5 to 354mm, with a 24x dynamic zoom mode available when recording HD video. Designed to fit into professional workflows, the camcorder comes complete with dual XLR audio inputs, 3G-SDI and HDMI outputs, and JVC’s dual codec Advanced Streaming Technology.
When equipped with an optional Wi-Fi or 4G LTE modem, the GY-HM200U becomes a streaming camcorder that allows you to deliver a live video feed in the field directly from the camcorder. Through its dual codec support, the camcorder can stream live HD video to hardware decoders, Ustream, Wowza streaming engines, and ProHD Broadcaster servers powered by Zixi, while simultaneously recording video internally to SDHC/SDXC media cards. A variety of streaming protocols, including RTMP, allows delivery to popular streaming websites and content delivery networks (CDN). Zixi’s Advanced Streaming Technology (AST) provides content-aware error correction and bandwidth shaping, while JVC’s Streamconfidence delivers real-time feedback of LTE and streaming status in the viewfinder.
For composing and monitoring video, the camcorder features a 3.5″ LCD and a 0.24″ viewfinder, both with a smart focus assist function. Additional features found on the camcorder include built-in ND filters, built-in stereo microphone, wired remote control support, and nine assignable function buttons. A top handle unit, which includes the XLR audio box, comes included, along with a 7.4 VDC 4900mAh battery and AC adapter.
4K Ultra HD Recording at 150Mbps
- The camcorder records up to 4K Ultra HD (3840×2160) video at 24/30p to UHS-I Speed Class 3 (U3) memory cards at 150Mbps. Recordings are made using the Quicktime (.MOv) file format and are compatible with many popular editing systems.
- Live 4K HDMI Ouput
- Connect a 4K Ultra HD monitor with a single HDMI cable and view the camera’s live 4K signal. You can also playback recorded files directly from the camera. Additionally, the camcorder downconverts UHD signals to standard HD for output through the built-in SDI or HDMI connectors.
- 4:2:2 Full HD Recording at 50Mbps
- The camcorder records broadcast-quality 4:2:2 Full HD 1080p signals up to 60p at 50Mbps, making it an ideal camera for general HD production work. 50Mbps files are stored in the Quicktime (.MOV) format for easy editing. Conventional AVCHD (4:2:0) recording is also possible, providing wide editing compatibility in an array of standard HD and SD formats.
- Web Friendly Proxy Recording
- Lower resolution H.264 files (480x270p and 960x540p) may be recorded simultaneously with Full HD files. These files are significantly smaller than HD files, making them more suitable for immediate posting to the web. A file recorded in the 960×540 mode is approximately 1/10th the size of a Full HD file recorded at 35Mbps, and therefore takes a fraction of the time to post. The smaller files may be quickly imported to an iPad for easy editing using iMovie or Pinnacle Studio.
- Advanced Streaming Technology
- When equipped with an optional Wi-Fi or 4G LTE high-speed broadband modem, the camcorder can deliver a live video stream directly to USTREAM and YouTube, while simultaneously recording HD video internally to SDHC/SDXC memory cards. Transmission at selected resolutions and bitrates is possible independent of the recording mode. The GY-HM200 offers a range of streaming options from basic point-to-point to cloud streaming with advanced error correction.
- Key Features
- 4K Ultra HD (3840×2160) recording (150 Mbps, 24/30p) to SDXC (UHS-I U3) cards
- 4:2:2 Full HD (24-60p) recording at 50Mbps
- 3G-SDI and HDMI outputs (Live 4K output via HDMI only)
- 2 position ND filter (1/4, 1/16)
- 2-channel XLR audio inputs with phantom power
- Built-in stereo microphone
- Dual SDHC/SDXC slots enable dual, backup, and continuous recording
- Advanced JVC streaming engine compatible with USTREAM, Wowza Streaming Engine, and Zixi
- IP network remote control, remote viewing, metadata editing, FTP clips (with optional network connection and adapter)
- 3.5-inch color LCD display (920K pixel)
- 0.24-inch color viewfinder (1.56M pixel)
- Smart focus assist function on LCD and viewfinder
- Wired remote control supported
- 9 user button assignable functions
- Includes handle unit, SSL-JVC50 7.4V battery, and AC adapter